Thursday, August 25, 2011

If you make it, you can drink it

(Seriously, how much did you want to be on this show when you were little?)

So, let's be honest here, straight away - the idea of making this blog scared me a little bit. Or is that too cliché to say in this first post? Doesn't everyone say that the first time they create a blog and post the first time? It's the initial - Wait...why am I putting this pressure on myself to artistically express myself on the internets? - thought. What has the world done for me that makes me want to give the gift of my precious writing to 2 billion internet users all over the world? Cause I know every single one of them is going to read this. Duh.

Then I thought, but wait...I created this blog for selfish reasons. The main one being that I like beer and I think it tastes good, and I'm really, really happy that the world has decided to create so many varieties of it. The other reason being that in my youthful adulthood I am, in fact, bored, and need something to do to occupy my copious amount of free time. So what could be better than to spend my hard earned money on different beers, new and old, drink them, contemplate them, and then write about them? Sounds like fun to me...I mean...I do like beer...and this is all about me.

So for all the people out there who are confused here is the run down. I'll drink a beer (or several) and then write my thoughts and feelings about them. Feel free to completely believe my opinions and try all the ones that I like! Or feel free to try your own beers and write something and I'll post it. I like having friends…mostly.

Quick shout out to my real inspiration for making this blog - the month of June (2011) and Jordan Albrite. Most likely Jordan will be featured on here since she has her own unique and cultured opinions about beer. That and she already tried 20 new brews and wrote about them (during the month of June) and I have them saved on my computer...And the chance of me getting lazy and needing some sort of blog-filler is highly likely.

Until next time. (Well - until I drink a beer). Stay thirsty, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment