Monday, January 23, 2012

Nut Brown Ale and American Pale Ale


Special dregs of January double post!!! Don’t worry it’s almost February and they’re 29 days of that this year! My old-man brother currently lives in Louisville and brought a few beers home awhile back. I drank them. I thought. I even wrote about one back in September. So here’s what I had to say about the other two.


BBC – Nut Brown Ale and American Pale Ale – Louisville, Kentucky

Nut Brown Ale - Nutty Brown is what you get when you take a sip of this beer. Imagine that. I’ve never been a huge fan of Brown Ale’s in the past because they always seem to leave a strong after taste, but this BBC version was much lighter and went down very smooth. There’s also a nice dark, mocha sort of coffee after taste as well which is more reminiscent of a porter. I’m currently into trying more brown ale’s and I’m happy to add this one to the approved list.

American Pale Ale - The last of the BBC beers from the brother. I suppose this one was saved for last due to the fact that I generally don’t drink many Pale Ale’s. But these BBC beers have surprised me so far, so I went into this one with a positive attitude. I liked the Saison…I liked the Brown Ale…Maybe I’ll like this Pale Ale!!.....I was wrong. I still don’t like Pale Ale’s. I can definitely appreciate a good beer though, even a good Pale Ale, and this one falls into that category. It’s just not my style. But don’t worry I finished it.

No comments:

Post a Comment