Monday, January 2, 2012

Toasted Lager


Toasted Lager - Blue Point Brewing Company - Long Island, NY

This beer was recommended to me by my dear friend Laura Derby. I take her opinions about beer pretty seriously, cause…well…cause I’ve seen her drink it. You know what I’m talkin’ about, Derby Derb.

The beer didn’t let me down. Good taste, Derby. I do not know what a “toasted” lager is, if it is even a real thing, but I like what this beer has going on. It is pleasantly light, sweet, and not very hoppy. In fact it is just the right amount of sweet that it makes you want just one more sip. It’s like how you can never just eat one Dorito, or one prepackaged/premade grocery store St. Patrick’s Day sugar cookie with an inch of green frosting and sprinkles on it. The beer leaves you wanting more, so good thing you probably only ordered/bought 12-16 ounces of it. Seriously, pitchers of it would be problematic because I feel like I could gulp this beer down and not take note of my consumption rate.

Perhaps this is the reason Toasted Lager has won the “World Beer Cup Gold Award.” Sounds like a good award, I wonder if they won a golden beer cup chalice trophy. Maybe they should serve this beer in a golden chalice from now on, so everyone can pretend they are in Indiana Jones drinking out of the Holy Grail. It’s that good.

This review got tangential. Just get this beer and like it.

PS - Happy New Year! May 2012 bring you many beer happy experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment