Monday, September 26, 2011

BBC Saison (Farmhouse Ale)


BBC Saison (Farmhouse Ale) - Louisville, Kentucky

BBC Saison (Farmhouse Ale) – Louisville, Kentucky – This is a beer I was apprehensive about when I first picked it up based off of its name. Saison. What the hell does that mean? Images of a Paris street corner flash through my mind - bright colors and clothing, aristocratic people sitting in the sun using 19th century white umbrellas to shade their fair European skin from the midday heat; this isn’t the typical image I get in my head when I prepare myself to drink a beer. Good thing I looked a little harder and realized I missed the second part of the title – Farmhouse Ale. Images of hay, pigs, cow manure, and red barns invade my Paris street corner, equalizing the image into a…drinkable beer? Surprise this beer actually tastes pretty good! It’s a little hoppy but not overwhelmingly so, and leaves a floral sort of after taste. So maybe that’s what you get when you cross Paris with a Kentucky farm…SAISON.


PS - I have since looked up what a "Saison" is. Wikipedia is good for so many things! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saison --- I'm pumped there was this whole other type of beer out there that I have never heard of. Who knows what else I will discover on my journey through the Hidden Brewery.

No comments:

Post a Comment