Monday, September 19, 2011

Buffalo Bill's Pumpkin Ale - Guest Blog!!!


My currently unemployed roommates decided to write a Guest BerLog ('Beer Blog', like what I did there?) for me today! Look at them being productive, good on them. So this is what they had to say...


So, Donesha and I were sitting on our couch enjoying unemployment when we decided it was time to guest beer blog!! It just so happened that we had two bottles of Buffalo Bill's Pumpkin Ale in our easily accessible beer fridge. Score! Anything with pumpkin automatically peaks our interest, so at 4pm (happy hour somewhere right?) we were ready to taste test. After discussing the ale for about 30 seconds we soon realized that Donesha's decades of spicy food consumption has created a vast difference in our taste bud sensitivity. And so you lucky folks will get two different reviews. You can choose which one to trust more (I'm just gonna throw out there that I am German and therefore beer is in my blood. Just sayin...)

Sarah - Overall, I enjoyed this ale. It wasn't amazing, but for just a regular go-to beer I liked it. It has a mild flavor, but I do note hints of pumpkin, cinnamon, and cloves. It's kind of like watered down pumpkin pie (which I know doesn't sound great but it works ok here). So, while I wouldn't tell you that you must absolutely run out and buy this beer, if someone were to offer it to you, I'd say take it.

Donesha - As aforementioned by my roommate, unemployment has opened many opportunities to drink at all times of day. While my roommate has brought to your attention that we have very different pallets, I would like to remind anyone reading this that I have been raised on a traditional, patriotic American diet, full of rich flavorful foods with influences from down South soul-food cooking with spicy-as-hell Carribean and Creole influences. Sounds tastey, right? This is in complete contrast to the other reviewer that indulges in traditional foods that are so bland that any slight hint of spice will pique interest from severly flavor deprived taste buds. Don't be fooled by the appearance of authentic German cuisine, there is no salt ANYWHERE. Now to the beer. It's okay. I am assuming that the slight aftertaste of sweetness is supposed to be pumpkin and/or cinnamon. Could be better. I sense no cloves anywhere, which should be extremely obvious considering the obscenely strong flavor of the spice, unless I am astill traumatized from a bad Christmas Ham experience which has put me in a permanent rage against cloves. As for the beer flavor, it tasted like an everyday beer. Easy to drink. Nothing special. Nothing to search for, and nothing to purchase unless your other roommate has left two in the easily accessible beer fridge and is not here to tell you 'no'.


Note from Christy - Buffalo Bill's is from Hayward, CA in case you like to keep track of that kind of stuff. And please feel free to contribute a Guest BerLog whenever you feel so inspired! You could become famous once my Blog gets extremely popular and they make a movie based off it staring Meryl Streep!

No comments:

Post a Comment